Freisenbruch-Meyer Introduces HomeCover

April 7, 2015

Bermuda’s first insurance cover designed specifically for vacation rental homeowners is being offered by Freisenbruch-Meyer Group, providing “a customized policy that will protect you and your property against such potential losses.”

A spokesperson said, “With the increasing number of visitors choosing vacation rental homes for their accommodation, it is important for homeowners to understand the potential building and liability exposures involved.

“Freisenbruch-Meyer Group has developed a customized policy that will protect you and your property against such potential losses.”

“Renting your property to overseas guests multiple times a year for a rental fee is considered a “business” activity. Business activities are not covered under the standard home insurance policy.

“According to the Hotel Licensing and Control Act 1969, your property is considered a “Hotel” if it accommodates 6 or more paying guests and requires a license

“You could be at risk for potential exposures that are not covered by the standard home insurance policy. For example, damage to your building by guests as a result of fire, explosion, and other standard perils; liability for damage to your guest’s belongings by theft, fire, flooding or any other causes; liability for medical and legal expenses if your guest is injured on your property and you are held legally liable; loss of rental income should your home become uninhabitable due to a covered loss such as fire or hurricane damage.”


“HomeCover Plus covers building, contents, liability, and loss of rental income. As a vacation rental homeowner, you will enjoy the coverage provided under our standard HomeCover Policy and coverage for:

  • Accidental damage by paying guests to your audio or visual entertainment equipment in your rental unit
  • Accidental glass breakage by your guests
  • Theft of guest’s money held in a locked safe held by you
  • Loss of or damage to guest’s belongings while in your rental unit
  • Up to $10,000 per month for Loss of Rental Income in the event that damage is sustained
  • $1 million in liability coverage if guests are injured on your property and you are held legally liable
  • Damage to external fixed signs, blinds or glass

“Do you have domestic employees responsible for the internal or external maintenance of your property? If so, your employees are at risk to injury while working on your property. For your protection and theirs, we offer Workers Compensation benefits and coverage for you as the Employer if you are held legally liable for their injury.

“With Extra Damage cover, you will be protected against loss or damage to your property by causes other than the standard perils of fire, windstorm, explosion, flooding, etc. For example, if your paying guest accidentally damages your sliding glass door while entering or exiting your property, Extra Damage cover can respond to your loss.”

Read More About

Category: All, Business

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Cranberry says:


    • Antonia says:

      Hi Cranberry,

      Please contact us on 296-3600 to discuss your options, as we offer various packages.

      Many thanks.