Football Results: FA Challenge Cup First Round

January 21, 2019

PHC Zebras, Dandy Town Hornets, Somerset Trojans, X-Road’s and St. George’s Colts all recorded victories in this weekend’s FA Challenge Cup First Round action.

PHC Zebras 2 North Village Rams 1 – After Extra Time

At the PHC Stadium, the PHC Zebras needed extra time to defeat the North Village Rams 2 – 1.

Daren Usher gave the PHC Zebras the lead in the 28th minute when he scored from close range, the North Village Rams missed the opportunity to draw level when Pierre Smith missed a penalty minutes before the break.

The North Village Rams got on the board in the 61st minute when Tareeko Wilson scored from the penalty spot, and neither team would score for the remainder of the game sending the match into extra time.

In the extra time period, Cecoy Robinson scored with a right footed shot to give the PHC Zebras the lead and the win.

Dandy Town Hornets 4 Paget Lions 0

The Dandy Town Hornets defeated the Paget Lions 4 – 0 at the St. John’s Field.

Kwonde Lathan gave the Dandy Town Hornets the lead in the 24th minute and then two minutes later Michael Parsons scored to double the lead. Angelo Simmons made it 3 – 0 to the Dandy Town Hornets in the 35th minute and they took that score to the break. The only goal of the second half came in the 87th minute when Nizigh Spence found the back of the net.

Hamilton Parish 0 Somerset Trojans 2

The Somerset Trojans travelled to the Wellington Oval and defeated Hamilton Parish 2 – 0.

The Somerset Trojans got a goal in the first half from D’Andre Wainwright and a second half strike from Zaire Smith in their win.

Wolves 0 X-Road’s 3

At the Garrison Field, X-Road’s defeated Wolves 3 – 0; Kyle Hamilton scored the only goal of the first half in the 41st minute to give X-Road’s the lead, Tymon Daniels doubled the lead in the 62nd minute, and then Undre Burgess scored the X-Road’s third goal in the 80th minute to advance in the Draw.

St. George’s Colts 0 [3] Devonshire Cougars 0 [2] – After Extra Time

The St. George’s Colts have advanced to the next round after they defeated the Devonshire Cougars 3 – 2 on kicks from the penalty mark at the Wellington Oval.

The match was held up in the first half due to St. George’s Colts player Jarreau Hayward sustaining a leg injury in a tackle for the ball.

The match would see neither team find the back of the net in either regulation time or extra time, leaving the game to be decided with the kicks.

click here banner football

Read More About

Category: All, Sports