[Updated with additional photos] Almost 70 groups took part in this afternoon’s [May 24] Bermuda Day Parade, with the enthusiasm of the day not dampened by the slight rain that fell as the parade was set to get underway. Crowds of people lined the parade route and cheered on the participants as they made their way from Bernards Park, through to Cedar Avenue and onto Front Street before the finish at City Hall.
Groups that participated included the Bermuda Longriders, Bermuda Regiment, Somerset Brigade Band, H & H Gombeys, Ex-Artillery Elite Majorettes, Roots Gombeys, Bermuda Squad, No Limit Star Crew, Vasco Da Gama Club, T. N. Tatem Steelpan, Split Personality Dance Group, PHC Majorettes and Drum Corp, Chewstick, St. George’s Original Dancerettes, Places New Generation Gombeys, various floats and many more. For the second set of Parade photos click here, for videos of the Parade click here, all our Bermuda Day coverage see our live blog.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photos & Results: 2011 Bermuda Day Floats
- Photo Set #2: 2012 Bermuda Day Parade
- Photos: Cornerstone Preschool May 24th Parade
- Photo Gallery: 2012 May 24th Parade
- Photos & Video: 2011 Mini-May 24th Parade
- Photos: 2011 Bermuda Day Parade
Articles that link to this one:
- Live Blogging & Webcast: Races & Parade | Bernews.com | May 24, 2012