The Acting Cabinet Secretary and Head of Civil Service Dr. Derrick Binns said that Government offices will close at 4pm today so that employees can make any final preparations before the strongest winds from Hurricane Rafael impact the island this evening.
The latest forecast said Hurricane Rafael is 255 miles south of Bermuda moving NNE at 24mph, with maximum sustained winds near 85mph, and its closest point of approach to Bermuda is forecast to be 108 nm to the ESE at 8pm this evening. For all updates, cancellations and news on Hurricane Rafael click here.
- Consolidated Fund Statements Tabled
- Fitch: Bermuda’s Clean Bill Of Fiscal Health
- Report: ‘Recovery Unlikely Until 2012′
- Auditor General: Disappointed By Delay
- Finance Secretary On Auditor’s Blocked Claim
- Government Report: Balance Of Payments