The Department of Statistics has released the consumer price index for September 2012, showing that consumers paid 1.9% more than they did a year ago for the basket of goods and services included in the Consumer Price Index [CPI]. This was lower than the 3.1% recorded in August 2012.
Between August and September 2012, the average cost of goods and services in the Consumer Price Index did not change. The all-items index remained at 120.5 index points in September. This means that the basket of goods and services that cost $100.00 in April 2006 now cost $120.50.
The full report is below [PDF here]:
- December 2012 Consumer Price Index
- November 2012 Consumer Price Index
- Inflation Rate Ticks Up By 1.7 Percent In April
- February Inflation Down Marginally
- Marginal Increase In Inflation Rate
- December Inflation Down Marginally