Another session of the Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series took place this afternoon [Dec 2] at the Arboretum in Devonshire, with dozens of young cyclists pedaling furiously around the course while cheering parents looked on.
The free series is sponsored by Tokio Millennium Re and Bicycle Works, and sanctioned by the Bermuda Bicycle Association, has the aim to introduce primary school aged children to cycling as a way to help promote physical fitness and healthy lifestyles. The emphasis of the event is on fun rather than being a competitive race, as a way to foster a love for cycling.
Each week there are draw prizes, and every child who participates will get a goodie bag upon registering for the first time. At the end of the seven-race series one child’s name will be drawn as the grand prize winner to take home a bike from Bicycle Works. The next event will take place at 4pm on Saturday, January 5th, 2013 at the Arboretum.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photos/Video: Tokio Youth Bike Races
- Photos: Kids Tokio Mountain Bike Race
- Photos: Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series
- Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series Continues
- Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Series Returns
- Upcoming: Tokio Youth Mountain Bike Race