Presidents of Senate
- Senator The Hon. Sir George Ratteray, Kt, CBE [1969 -1980]
- Senator The Hon. Hugh A. Richardson, CBE, JP [1980 - 1987]
- Senator The Hon. Albert Jackson, CBE, JP [1987 - 1998]
- Senator The Hon. Alfred T. Oughton [1998 - 2008]
- Senator The Hon. Carol A.M. Bassett, JP [2008 - Present]
The Senate is one of two parts of the Parliament of Bermuda, the other being the House of Assembly. Both are overseen by the Governor. The Senate is the Upper House of the Parliament, and serves as a House of Review.
The Senate consists of eleven members appointed by the Governor. Five Senators are appointed on the advice of the Premier, three Senators are appointed on the advice of the Leader of the Opposition, and he final three Senators are appointed at the discretion of the Governor.