The seas of Bermuda saw pumpkins and strangely-dressed scuba divers as Blue Water Divers hosted their Fancy Dress Contest and Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest. The event was hosted from their Somerset Bridge facility on October 23rd and 24th.
The Fancy Dress Contest was held at the wreck of Forceful, which was fairly recently scuttled in the area of Whale Bay in Southampton:
The second dive area for the Pumpkin Carving Contest was at Smugglers Notch on the South Shore, named as in the past smugglers were said to have used the area to hide contraband in the many caves that are part of the reef. Below a very interested fish swims up to see what exactly is occurring:
For both the Fancy Dress Contest and the Underwater Pumpkin Carving Contest there were prizes on offer including dive courses, t-shirts and books.
All photos courtesy of Sergey Goncharov, click to enlarge:
- Photos: BIOS Underwater Pumpkin Carving
- Photos: Halloween Decorations Across Bermuda
- Photo Set #2: MSA School Halloween Parade
- Photo Set #1: MSA School Halloween Parade
- Photo Set #2: Somerset ‘Zombie Walk’
- Photo Set #1: Somerset ‘Zombie Walk’