In Magistrates Court this morning [Aug 24], a 62-year-old man — who cannot be named for legal reasons — pleaded not guilty to two counts of touching a young girl for sexual purposes. At the time the girl was under eleven.
He also pleaded not guilty to one count of unlawfully assaulting the child. All three offences are alleged to have occurred between September 2011 and December 2011.
The Senior Magistrate granted bail of $25,000 with one like surety and ordered that the man should neither interfere with the girl or with the legal process. His trial was set for 30th November.
This is the second older man charged with sexual offences against a young girl this week.
- Brangman’s Sentence Reduced By Six Months
- Brangman Appeals Sexual Assault Conviction
- Sex Offender Sentenced To Five Years In Prison
- Man Jailed For 4 Months On Indecency Charge
- Men Sentenced For Armed Burglary, Sex Assault
- Man Charged: Sex Offences Against Child