[Updated] A 24-year-old car driver was arrested this evening [Aug 14] on suspicion of driving whilst impaired after he hit a woman crossing the street. The driver failed to stop after the accident, and the police chased him from the junction of Front/King Street to Trimingham Hill where he was arrested.
The police statement said: “Police responded to a report of a hit and run that took place at the junction of Front Street and King Street at 10:12pm. It appears that a 24 year old man was driving a car on King Street when he hit a woman who was crossing the street, the culprit then failed to stop.
“There was a police officer who was on mobile patrol in the area and saw the incident and commenced a chase of the driver. The 24 year old male eventually was pulled over on Trimingham Hill in Paget where he was arrested for suspicion for driving whilst impaired. The woman was taken to KEMH were she is being treated for non life threatening injuries.”
Update 4:47am: A police spokesperson said, “The Bermuda Police Service would like to thank members of the public who came to the aid of the 45 year old Pembroke woman.
“She is presently at KEMH, where she is being treated for head and back injuries, however her injuries do not appear to be life threatening.”
Update 8.52am: The police said the victim has been released from the hospital after being treated for her injuries.
- Woman Arrested, Twins Hospitalized
- Cyclist Hits Walker: Arrested For Drunk Driving
- Man Fined $1,100 After Hit-n-Run
- Woman Arrested For Assault & DUI
- Driver Arrested For DUI After Accident
- Woman Arrested For DUI After Accident
Articles that link to this one:
- Police Warning After Spate Of DUI Incidents | Bernews.com | August 15, 2012
- 25-Year-Old Fined $1,100 After Hit-n-Run | Bernews.com | August 16, 2012