In Magistrates Court this morning [Aug 8], a 21-year-old and a 17-year-old were charged with offences relating to the robbery and wounding of a man in the Rambling Lane area this past weekend.
Kyle Daniels Smith, 17, and Sergio Woolridge-Robinson, 21, were charged with robbing a man of gold chains and a Blackberry, together worth over $1,300, and using force to do so; and wounding the man with intent to do grievous bodily harm.
Following a spirited exchange between lawyer Saul Dismont and Crown Counsel Mahoney, the Magistrate ruled that neither accused was to be granted bail, and that both accused were to be remanded into custody. They next appear on 17th August, when they return for Mention.
Mr Dismont asked the Magistrate to remand the 17-year-old person to the COED facility, but the Magistrate replied that that was a decision best left to the Prison authorities, and that he would not issue such an order.
The Court also heard that the victim was still in the ICU. Neither man entered a plea, as the matter can only be heard in the Supreme Court.
- Admitted Stalker Remanded In Custody
- Alleged Jewelry Thief Remanded
- Saucepan Attack: Suspended Sentence
- Guilty Plea: Threatening Behaviour
- Woman Pleads Guilty To Assault
- Suspended Sentence Substituted For Probation
Articles that link to this one:
- 14-Yr-Old Charged After Assault Puts Man In ICU | Bernews.com | August 9, 2012