Two men have been arrested in connection with an incident that saw four men beat and rob a father in front his two young children, leaving him in the Intensive Care Unit with serious head injuries.
The four men and attacked the 33-year-old man with a piece of wood, broke a bottle over his head with a bottle and then stole his jewelry. The incident took place on Rambling Lane in Pembroke in front of the victim’s children aged 4 and 10.
Police Spokesperson Dwayne Caines said: “Police responded to a report of a robbery that took place a few minutes after 5pm on Saturday on Rambling Lane in Pembroke. It appears the victim was approached by 4 males who made demands for his jewelry.
“The four men then set upon the victim beating him about the body with a piece of wood, and also breaking a bottle over the victim’s head. The culprits then stole a piece of jewelry before they made good their escape.
“The 33 year old victim is presently in ICU with head injuries, he listed in serious condition and two men have been arrested in connection with this incident.
“Inquiries into this incident have commenced. Anyone who may have seen this incident or who may any information as to the identity of the culprits are asked to contact Central CIU on 2950011 or the confidential crime stoppers hotline on 8008477. .
- Bermuda Chairs Regional Crime Stoppers
- Robbery & Attempted Robbery
- Police Release 2011 Crime Statistics
- Former Gang Consultant Sued In US
- Two Motorcyclists Accosted
- Five Burglaries Yesterday
Articles that link to this one:
- Two Charged After Robbery Leaves Man In ICU | Bernews.com | August 8, 2012
- 14-Yr-Old Charged After Assault Puts Man In ICU | Bernews.com | August 9, 2012
- Two More Teenagers Charged With Assault | Bernews.com | August 10, 2012