Despite the high winds from Tropical Storm Leslie, the British Airways flight landed safely in Bermuda at approximately 7.15pm this evening [Sept 9].
Earlier today a Government spokesperson said the airport would close temporarily from 9:30am to 4pm as the daytime flights were cancelled, and the airport would be experiencing sustained tropical storm cross winds through the day.
The 6pm update from the NHC said Leslie is now 175 miles to our east north-east and continues to move away from us at 14mph, with tropical storm force winds in Bermuda expected to end sometime this evening.
- Airport To Close Until 4pm Today Due To Storm
- Delta, AA, Air Canada & U.S. Airways Cancel Flights
- Video: Storm Winds, Airport & Airplanes
- Airline Cancellations Continue On Wednesday
- Flight Cancellations Due To Hurricane Sandy
- Miami Flights Cancelled For Tomorrow
Articles that link to this one:
- Post-Tropical Storm Leslie Summary Points | Bernews.com | September 9, 2012
- Flight Cancellations Start: BA, Westjet, United | Bernews.com | October 16, 2012