Court: Man Disqualified From Driving Until 2018

January 19, 2015

Appearing in Magistrates Court this morning [Jan 19], a 24-year-old man pleading guilty to driving with excess alcohol in his blood and speeding at 79kph.

Donahue Sousa was disqualified from driving all vehicles until 2018 and fined a total $2,400 for those two offences.

Magistrate Khamisi Tokunbo fined Mr Sousa $400 for the speeding offence and, because he has previously been convicted of driving whilst impaired, fined Mr Sousa $2,000 for that offence, and doubled the disqualification period.

Share via email

Read More About

Category: All, Court Reports, Crime

Comments (4)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. big lad says:

    3 offenses in 5 years?
    Latest offence was caught speeding as well.
    That should have been a prison sentence.

    • Herb says:

      why are the speeding offences not the same penalty as the DUI offence. $400 is not enough to deter speeders, the fines should be exactly the same as dui for that speed

  2. Triangle Drifter says:

    I guess he won’t be doing any driving work for the AC people.

  3. MAKE MY DAY says:

    What happened to the “jail time”!! The guys a *Repeat* offender… He does NOT get the message yet!!