Fire At Newstead Caused By Water Heater

January 5, 2014

At approximately 10.10am on Sunday [Jan 5], the Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service responded to a report of smoke at the Newstead Hotel on Harbour Road, Paget.

Fire Service spokesperson Lieutenant Leonard Davis said, “The Bermuda Fire and Rescue Service responded to the mentioned incident with two fire appliances staffed with 8 firefighters. The fire service took approximately 10 minutes to arrive on scene.

“Upon their arrival they found smoke issuing from what appeared to be a pool room. The duty crew made entry and extinguished the fire using a dry chemical powder extinguisher.

“The remaining hot items were removed from the building and taken outside to be examined. A smoke extractor was hung to aid in removing the smoke from the building. The cause of fire was determined to have been started by a water heater.”

Read More About

Category: Accidents and fires, All, News

Comments (2)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

  1. Kindley says:

    Glad it was discovered and taken care of. Newstead is a beautiful place.

  2. Gabbs says:

    I agree, it sure is a beautiful view, Job Well done BFS