People of all ages congregated in Town Square St. George’s tonight [Dec 10] to enjoy entertainment, food and welcome Santa who arrived on a fire truck. The evening started with the town Mayor Kenny Bascome greeting everyone. On came the parade of Christmas decorated pedal cycles with the Mayor handing out certificates to participants.
The MC for the evening Rickeesha Binns welcomed AJ the Little Gombey as he proceeded to dance and entertain the crowd while mingling with the children. Dance groups Split Personality, St. George’s Original Dancerettes and The Graffitti Dance Crew put on exciting routines for the crowd. Shortly afterwards, Santa could be heard arriving on his wailing fire truck. Santa greeted everyone and was crowded with young enthusiastic children who followed him closely to a stage set up with a chair for Santa to relax as he proceeded to hand out candy gifts to all those that lined up for a visit with him. After all hands little and not so little had visited Santa, he was whisked away on the fire truck to continue his preparations for the big day.
Photos by Only the Best, click to enlarge:
- Photos: St. George’s Christmas Santa Parade
- Photo Gallery: 2013 Peppercorn Ceremony
- Photos: 2011 Peppercorn Ceremony
- Photos: 2010 Peppercorn Ceremony
- Photos: Santa & The Kids In St George’s
- Photos: Olde Towne Market Gets Underway
Articles that link to this one:
- Photos: Santa and the Kids | Bernews.com | December 11, 2010
- Videos Bermuda Split Personality Dancers Parade 2010 | Bernews.com | December 12, 2010