Charl Schwartzel charged into contention on the front nine, but Keegan Bradley stayed steady all day and won the 29th PGA Grand Slam of Golf by a single shot at the 6,845-yard Port Royal Golf Course.
Bradley, this year’s PGA Championship winner, held off fast-closing Masters champion Schwartzel to win by one stroke.
America’s Bradley settled for a par-71 in a windy final round to complete 36 holes on 4-under 138 while South Africa’s Schwartzel, who began the day seven adrift, closed with a 65 to finish a 3-under 140.
Bradley took home $600,000, twice as much as Schwartzel, in the two-day, $1.35 million showdown of the year’s four major golf champions. All four players were first-time major winners.
US Open champion Rory McIlroy, who began the day level for the lead with Bradley on 67, struggled to a 75 to take third on 142 while Northern Irish compatriot Darren Clarke, the British Open winner, fired a 74 to end on 151.
Click to enlarge photos:
Photos by Montana Pritchard/The PGA of America
- Slideshow: PGA Grand Slam Of Golf Day #1
- Photos: 2010 PGA Grand Slam Day #1
- Photos/Results: Amateur Golf Championship
- Photos: BGA Amateur Match Play
- Photos: Amateur Match Play Champs
- Photos: Augustus & Jones Golf Exhibition Match
Articles that link to this one:
- How Port Royal Course Scored With The PGA : Bernews.com | October 31, 2011