Scores of people lined any road close to the LF Wade International Airport’s runway to get a look at departing Royal Air Force aircraft yesterday [Feb.19]. Two separate groups of aircraft arrived on the island on February 16th, consisting of fighter type jets and larger planes.
As the aircraft were departing, one jet appeared to abort an attempted take-off and took the plane to a side area where the fire service attended after the plane came to a stop. Fire service personnel did not appear to do anything but seemed to be there as a precaution.
That jet plane returned to the airport terminal area where it joined two other jets that did not leave today. A total of five jets and two larger Air Force aircraft left the island at different times throughout the day.
- Photos: RAF Military Aircraft Arrive At Airport
- Photos/Video: Air Force In Bermuda
- Photos/Video: Military Aircraft Departs Bermuda
- Photos/Video: RAF Military Aircraft Depart
- Photos: Visiting Military Planes Arrive At Airport
- Photos: Visiting U.S. Military Aircraft Depart