The Bermuda Post Office issued a statement reminding the public that the newly implemented postal fees are now in effect.
“The new fees have been implemented to offset the Post Office’s operating costs for its services. And the levying of fees on postal services is in keeping with the standard practices of other jurisdiction’s postal administrations, including the US Postal Service (USPS) and the British Royal Mail,” said the statement.
As of April 1, the BPO has increased current fees on the following postal service and products:
- All Express Mail Service (EMS) fees will be increased by 25% starting with the base charge increasing from of $25.00 to $31.25.
- Post box annual rental fee will increase from $65 to $85 for small boxes; $90 to $120 for medium boxes and from $260 to $300 annually. A late fee of $25 for large boxes. A $25 late fee will be applied on payment of all post box renewals that fall into arrears by 30 days or more.
- Customs clearance and processing will be increased from $1.00 to $5.00 for all dutiable parcels received and processed through the Post Office.
- A new fee of $10 per week or any period thereof will be charged for holding of mail for persons travelling at any post office.
- Redirection of mail overseas due to change of address will incur a new administrative fee of $25 for the three month redirection period in addition to the standard overseas postage costs.
- Post Office Fees To Increase April 1st
- Some Post Offices Could Be Closed
- 25% Duty Rate Takes Effect On April 1st
- MailBoxes Reiterates Call: ‘Speak Up’
- Mailboxes Boss: Open Letter To Premier
- Thomson: “Sad Day For Consumer”