Arch Insurance [Bermuda], a division of Arch Reinsurance Ltd., announced the creation of new positions and numerous promotions which have occurred during the past months.
Terry Pimentel, President of Arch Insurance [Bermuda], stated, “At the beginning of 2012, we completed a restructuring of our underwriting departments which resulted in the creation of a Chief Underwriting Officer role within the Bermuda office.
“Tony Hay, Chief Underwriting Officer, now heads up all underwriting for the insurance division here on the island. Tony established our Professional Lines team in 2002 and managed that department up until his assuming this new role.
“Simultaneously, the Professional Lines group was split into two distinct units which are now headed up by Robyn Semos, Vice President, Professional Liability Manager and Matt Smith, Vice President, Executive Assurance Manager. All three were an integral part of the start-up group back in 2002/2003.
“During the past several months, we have made additional changes that have further strengthened the team and resulted in numerous other promotions across all areas of the company.
“It is extremely satisfying to be able to promote from within the organization as that clearly speaks to the strength of the group and the commitment of this company to its employees in Bermuda.”
- Ian Sawden has been promoted to Senior Vice President, Claims Manager. Ian joined Arch in 2010.
- Leonard Romeo has been promoted to AVP, Division Counsel & Claims Director. Leonard joined Arch in 2009.
- Sal Bartoletti has been promoted to Vice President, Property Underwriter. Sal joined the Arch in 2006.
- Ian Smith has been promoted to Vice President, Property Underwriter. Ian joined Arch in 2008.
- Stephanie Medeiros has been promoted to Assistant Vice President, Excess Casualty Underwriter. Stephanie joined Arch in 2005.
- Juliette Oatley has been promoted to Assistant Vice President, Professional Lines Underwriter. Juliette joined Arch in 2007.
- Arch Names Mark Lyons Executive VP & CFO
- Around The World On 1200CC’s
- Arch Buys Ariel’s Credit & Surety Business
- Marsh Executives To Participate In Conference
- AFL Appoint Rayner & Alexieva
- Change In SFI Management Team