[Updated] British Airways has just announced that due to the approach of Tropical Storm Leslie the Saturday [Sept 7] flights will be operating but at earlier times.
The inbound flight #2233 from London will be arriving at 4.30pm which is about two hours earlier than usual. Outbound flight BA #2232 will leave Bermuda for London at 6.20pm arriving in London at 5am on Sunday morning. Check-in tomorrow will commence at 3.30pm.
A spokesperson said: “However, due to the storm, both inbound and outbound flights on British Airways have been cancelled on Sunday. Passengers on the Sunday flights will need to rebookby contacting British Airways at 1 800 AIRWAYS ( 1 800 247 9297).”
Update 7.43pm: A BA spokesperson said: “Based on the ever changing weather forecast, the L.F. Wade Airport has decided to hold off on their official decision to close the airport.
“Therefore should the airport be open on Sunday, the British Airways Sunday flights will operate. Passengers are requested now to wait until tomorrow to hear if the airport will be open thus enabling flights to operate.
“The Saturday flights will be operating but arriving and departing two hours earlier than usual. The flight to London on Saturday will now depart at 6.20 pm arriving in London at 5 am on Sunday. Check in will commence at 3.30 pm. with check in at 3.30 pm.”
- Smokers Diversion ‘Very Expensive’ For Sunwing
- Canadian Family Deny Smoking On Airline
- Recalling The Other Unruly Passenger Diversion
- Unruly Passengers Heading Back To Canada
- Passenger Flown From Bermuda Under Guard
- Plane Diverts To Bermuda, Passenger Arrested
Articles that link to this one:
- Fri. Sept 7: Tropical Storm Leslie Live Blog/Videos | Bernews.com | September 7, 2012