Yesterday morning [Sept 30] a local contractor inadvertently cut a BTC cable in the Smiths area resulting in approximately 400 residents experiencing outages, which BTC hope to have fixed by the end of today.
A BTC spokesperson said: “At approximately 9:30am Sunday morning a local contractor was trenching in the Smiths Parish area on works unrelated to BTC and inadvertently cut a BTC Cable resulting in telephone service outages for approximately 400 residents.
“BTC crews began repairs immediately to restore telephone service and expect to have all customers back online by end of day today [Monday]. BTC wishes to apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused it customers.”
- Government Statement: Telecommunications
- TECHSHOWCASE Exhibitors List
- Technology Leadership Forum Internship
- Logic Announces Winners Of iPad Minis
- Nova Offering Free SharePoint Training Session
- “Technical Issues” At Planning Department