The 15th Annual PartnerRe Women’s 5K Run & Walk was held on Sunday [Oct 7] at the Botanical Gardens, with hundreds of women participating. The largest all-female event on Bermuda’s sporting calendar, it includes a 5K race for women, a 5K walk and a 2K run for girls under 15. The goal is female fitness, health, safety and self-esteem and all proceeds this year will go to support the Women’s Resource Centre.
Jennifer Alen crossed the line in a time of 19:27 to claim victory, with Hilda Stoney finishing 2nd clocking 19:41, Kristyn Robinson 3rd in finished 19:55, Victoria Fiddick crossed the line 4th in a time of 20:15 and Deon Breary finished 5th clocking 20:20. Ashley Irby clocked 6:42 winning the Junior 2K Race, while Winnelle Simons was the first walker across the line in 34:47. The full results are here.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photos: Butterfield & Vallis 5K
- Photos: Sunday’s Marathon Races
- Photo Set #2: Annual Eye Classic Road Race
- Video/Photos/Results: Eye Classic Road Race
- Photo Set #1: Lindos To Lindos Race
- Photo Set #2: 2011 Labour Day Race
Articles that link to this one:
- Videos Bermuda PartnerRe Women’s 5K Running Race 2012 | Bernews.com | October 8, 2012