Australia walked away with the 2012 World Rugby Classic title last night [Nov 17] after defeating South Africa 15 – 5.
After sustaining several minutes of pressure, Norman Jordan went over for a try in the 20th minute and gave South Africa the 5-0 lead, with Neil Cole missing the conversion.
The fans would have to wait until the 41st minute before they would witness another try when Damon Murphy went over for Australia to level the score and with the missed conversion the score remained 5-5.
A burst of speed from Murphy three minutes later saw him give Australia the lead, the conversion was good from Andrew Jones extending the Australia lead to 12-5.
With some two minutes remaining on the referee’s watch Nick Reilly kicked a penalty for Australia as they earned a 15-5 win and the World Rugby Classic Title. For all our photo galleries and coverage of the World Rugby Classic click here.
- Photos: Rugby Classic Argentina vs France
- Results/Photos: Rugby Classic Australia vs Italy
- Results/Photos: Rugby Classic Canada vs Lions
- Photos: Day #1 World Rugby Classic Matches
- Photos: Day #1 2011 World Rugby Classic
- Photos: Rugby Classic South Africa vs USA