Two Italian males [aged 26 and 27], both crew members on MV Grand Princess cruise ship, were charged with the sexual assault of a female crew member in Magistrates Court this morning [Jan 24].
The date of the alleged offence was 12th January 2013, and as the matter is indictable neither man was required to enter a plea. The charges are being heard in Bermuda as the ship is a Bermuda-registered ship.
Since neither man has any Bermuda connections, the services of the Honorary Consul for Italy were called into use. After noting and accepting the Honorary Consul’s promise to assist the two men, Magistrate Juan Wolffe granted the two men bail.
Each man was bailed for $5,000 with one surety each; required to surrender all travel documents; must report every Monday and Friday to Hamilton Police Station; and must have no contact with any witnesses or complainants.
The two reappear on 7th February 2013 for a Preliminary Inquiry. The two defendants cannot be named for legal reasons.
- Cruise Crew Members Deny Sexual Assault
- Sailor Accused of Cruise Ship Sex Attack
- Brangman’s Sentence Reduced By Six Months
- Brangman Appeals Sexual Assault Conviction
- Sex Offender Sentenced To Five Years In Prison
- Man Jailed For 4 Months On Indecency Charge
Articles that link to this one:
- Cruise Crew Members Deny Sexual Assault | Bernews.com | March 4, 2013