The number of athletes who reached the Qualifying Standard for the 2016 CARIFTA Games increased by four at the National Sports Center during a recent Pacers Track meet.
Sakari Famous cleared the 1.55m Under 18 Women’s High Jump Standard as she won the Women’s High Jump with a top leap of 1.65m, while Tiara DeRosa once again eclipsed the Girls Discus Throw Under 20 Qualifying Distance with a toss of 43.82m.
Lynsey Palmer qualified for the Under 18 Girls 3000 Meter Run by crossing the line in a time of 11:13.64, while Elisha Darrell reached the Boys High Jump Under 18 Qualifying height of 1.90m with a leap of 1.95m.
Tyler Smith met the Under 20 Boys 5000 Meter Run Qualifying Standard time of 17:00.00 when he crossed the line in a time of 16:33.03.
Click to enlarge photos:
20 Most Recent Sports Photo Galleries
- 09 Feb: Photos: End To End Mountain Bike Race
- 09 Feb: Photos: Butterfield & Vallis 5K Road Race
- 08 Feb: Photos: Butterfield & Vallis Junior Runners
- 04 Feb: Photos: BASA’s Best of Best Swimming Meet
- 03 Feb: Photos: Budgies v Ravens Ladies Field Hockey
- 29 Jan: Photos: Danish Swim Team Arrive In Bermuda
- 28 Jan: Photos: Premier & First Division Football
- 27 Jan: Photos: CellOne Island Basketball League
- 21 Jan: Photos: Paul Marsden Memorial Rugby Match
- 20 Jan: Photos: Bluebirds vs Swallows Field Hockey
- 18 Jan: Photos, Video & Results: Motocross Club Racing
- 18 Jan: Photos: 2016 Bermuda Half Marathon Finish Line
- 16 Jan: Photo Set #2: Marathon Weekend 10K Run/Walk
- 16 Jan: Photos: Marathon Weekend 10K Run And Walk
- 14 Jan: Photos: Netball Unity & Who’s Who Tournament
- 14 Jan: Photos: Harness Pony Racing Best Of Three
- 11 Jan: Photos, Video & Results: BBA Cyclocross Race
- 11 Jan: Photo Set #2: Goslings To Fairmont Road Race
- 11 Jan: Photos & Results: Goslings To Fairmont Race
- 10 Jan: Photos, Video & Results: BNAA Track Meet