Hashtag: #2019HurricaneSeason

Storm ‘Not A Threat To Bermuda At This Time’

Storm ‘Not A Threat To Bermuda At This Time’

Tropical Storm Barry is “not a threat to Bermuda” at this time, the Bermuda Weather Service said, with its closest point of approach within 72 hours forecast to be 1338 nm west of Bermuda at 6am on Friday [July 12]. Graphic courtesy of the BWS:The latest forecast from the U.S. National Hurricane Center said, “At 400 AM CDT [0900... Read more of this article

EMO Meeting To Review Hurricane Preparedness

EMO Meeting To Review Hurricane Preparedness

Against the backdrop of what weather forecasters say will be an “average hurricane season,” the Minister of National Security and Emergency Measures Organization Chair, Wayne Caines, recently convened an Emergency Measures Organisation [EMO] meeting to “review Bermuda’s disaster preparedness.” “The public will know that... Read more of this article

Minister Caines On Hurricane Preparedness

Minister Caines On Hurricane Preparedness

Minister of National Security Wayne Caines said in the House of Assembly today [June 7] that with hurricane season now underway, “all agencies are prepared, and apart from some fine tuning, Bermuda EMO agencies stand ready should a hurricane threaten our shores.” Minister Caines said, “On Wednesday 5th June, I chaired a meeting of... Read more of this article

NOAA: ‘Near-Normal Atlantic Hurricane Season’

NOAA: ‘Near-Normal Atlantic Hurricane Season’

NOAA’s Climate Prediction Center is “predicting that a near-normal Atlantic hurricane season is most likely this year,” according to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration. The organisation said, “This outlook forecasts a 40% chance of a near-normal season, a 30% chance of an above-normal season and a 30% chance of a below-normal... Read more of this article

Andrea Weakens To A ‘Remnant Low’

Andrea Weakens To A ‘Remnant Low’

[Updated] Subtropical Storm Andrea has formed in the Atlantic, becoming the first named storm of the 2019 Atlantic Hurricane Season. The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami said Andrea currently has maximum sustained winds near 40 mph [65 km/h] and while slight strengthening is possible overnight, “weakening should begin late Tuesday, and... Read more of this article

NHC Continues To Monitor Low Pressure System

NHC Continues To Monitor Low Pressure System

The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami continues to monitor an area of low pressure several hundred miles southwest of Bermuda, saying it “could develop into a short-lived subtropical or tropical cyclone” and “interests in Bermuda should monitor the progress of this system.” In a ‘Special Tropical Weather Outlook’ issued... Read more of this article

NHC Monitoring An Area Of Low Pressure

NHC Monitoring An Area Of Low Pressure

The U.S. National Hurricane Center in Miami, Florida is monitoring an area of low pressure several hundred miles south of Bermuda. In a ‘Special Tropical Weather Outlook’ issued this afternoon [May 17], the NHC said, “An area of low pressure is expected to form several hundred miles south or southwest of Bermuda late this weekend or... Read more of this article