Bermudian figure skater Vanessa James and her partner Yannick Bonheur placed 6th at the 2010 European Figure Skating Championships. Held in Tallinn, Estonia from January 18 through January 24, 2010 the event attracts the best figure skaters from throughout Europe.
Vanessa, a former Mount Saint Agnes student who resided in Bermuda until she was 10, competes for France.
The history making skater is the first black woman to win the British National Championships, and along with partner Yannick, became the first black couple to ever compete in Olympic pairs skating.
Watch her routine at the 2010 European Championships below:
- Video: Vanessa James Routine at 2010 Worlds
- Videos: 12 Yr Old Vanessa and Melyssa James
- Vanessa James: Competing in World Champs
- Worlds: Vanessa James in 10th After Short Program
- Videos: Vanessa James & Ciprès Finish 4th
- Video: James Places 6th At Euro Champs