Passenger Evacuation: Faulty Heat Detector

April 28, 2011

This afternoon [Apr.28] passengers were evacuated from the airport after a fire alarm was activated due to a faulty heat detector. Passengers were allowed back into the terminal shortly after, and the AirTran flight was delayed by an hour.

A spokesperson said, “A fire alarm was activated at the LF Wade International Airport this afternoon which was caused by a faulty heat detector. Passengers checking in for AirTran and an already delayed JetBlue flight had to be evacuated from the terminal.”

“Passengers were allowed back into the terminal shortly after and were re-processed for their respective departing flights. Only AirTran’s departure was affected with a delay of approximately an hour. All operations have resumed per normal.”

Share via email

Read More About

Category: All, News

.