The “Festa do Senhor Santo Cristo dos Milagres” [Festival of the Christ of Miracles] was held this afternoon [May 13], with a procession through Hamilton to celebrate the centuries old tradition that originated in the Azores. The procession started from St Theresa’s Cathedral and made its way to Dundonald Street where participants walked on a carpet of flowers. The day ended with a final celebration at BAA featuring live entertainment, food and more. View the first set of photos here, and a slideshow below by John Manderson.
- Photos: 2012 Santo Cristo Dos Milagres Festival
- Photos/Video: Santo Cristo Dos Milagres Festival
- Video: Putting Portuguese History In Focus
- Photos: Regiment Change Of Command Parade
- Photos: Portuguese Presepio Nativity Scene
- Photos: Catholic Church Honours Father Macedo