[Updated] Adam Petty, 25, pleaded not guilty to charges brought under the Road Traffic Act in Magistrates Court this morning [July 18].
All the charges arose out of a Police stop on 14th July on Woodbourne Avenue in Pembroke. However, Mr Petty pointed out that the scooter was a battery powered toy scooter of the kind that children play with.
The charges that Mr Petty faced and pleaded not guilty to included riding an electric motorized scooter whilst impaired by alcohol and having no third party insurance for the cycle.
Mr Petty’s trial is set for 18th September 2012.
[Photo used on homepage is a file photo, not the actual scooter in question]
- Fines For DUI Offences, No Licence Suspension
- Man Asleep In Parked Car Convicted, Fined
- Repeat Drunk Driver Jailed For Six Months
- Guilty Plea: Refusing To Give Breath Sample
- Magistrate Changes DUI Plea To Not Guilty
- “Blunder” Allows Man To Keep Driving Privileges