Nahki Wells is back in contention for Bradford City after Bantams boss Phil Parkinson revealed that the club had received some good news following a recent scan on the Bermudian striker’s injured hip.
After missing last Saturday’s match due to some discomfort around his right hip, Wells was sent for a scan this Tuesday to try and find out the true extent of the injury.
“We’ve had some good news regarding Nahki recently,” Mr Parkinson told the Club’s website. “As fans may know, Nahki’s been struggling with a bit of a hip problem and we felt it needed looking into.
“We sent him for a scan on Tuesday and the results that came back thankfully revealed only a minor issue in the area. The specialist feels it shouldn’t restrict him too greatly, which is great news for us.
“We will have to keep an eye on him going forward but it certainly better news than what could have been. He has been fine in training recently so we’ll have him up for selection for these two games (Barnet and Morecambe) and see how he is after that.
“He may need an injection afterwards to calm things down around there but he has been given assurances by our physio and the specialist that he won’t make things any worse playing in these games,” concluded Mr Parkinson.
- Video: Nahki Wells Latest Goal
- Bradford On Wells: Incredible Athleticism
- Nahki Wells & Bradford Off To Wembley
- Wells Scores Twice, Bradford Wembley Bound
- Nahki Wells Scores In Bradford Defeat
- Nahki Wells Scores In Bradford City Victory
Articles that link to this one:
- Nahki Wells Scores In Bradford’s 2-0 Win | Bernews.com | September 22, 2012
- Nahki Wells Scores Twice In Eight Minutes | Bernews.com | September 25, 2012