“Please be advised that the Department of Public Transportation has cancelled bus service tomorrow in anticipation of winds exceeding limits designated as safe for operating their vehicles,” a Government spokesperson said. “A decision on resumption of service will be made tomorrow based on weather updates.”
In their 8pm update this evening, the U.S. National Hurricane Center said Leslie is 220 miles south-east of Bermuda, and moving towards the north at 8mph with maximum sustained winds are near 65mph [100km/h]. “There a strong likelihood that Leslie will regain hurricane status on Sunday,” the NHC said.
View all our coverage of Tropical Storm Leslie here.
- City of Hamilton Hurricane Preparations
- EMO On Hurricane Leslie, Schools, Causeway
- Tropical Storm Leslie Upgraded To A Hurricane
- Hurricane Warning Expected For This Weekend
- Tropical Storm Leslie A “Potential Threat”
- Minister Perinchief: “Bermuda Has Been Blessed”
Articles that link to this one:
- Updates: Tropical Storm Leslie Approaching | Bernews.com | September 8, 2012