The Bermuda Department of Tourism’s Bermuda Sand Sculpture Competition took place today [Sept 1] at Horseshoe Bay Beach.
“The Sand Sculpture competition was started 17 years ago by the Institute of Bermuda Architects and spear headed by Mrs. Nicky Gurret.
“This event has grown in participation and popularity and has proven to be a highly anticipated weekend of fun for our visitors and locals”, Director of Tourism Billy Griffith said.
Participants were given 12-by-12 foot building area to showcase their creativity. Prizes for amateur sand sculptors included monetary awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winners. View our coverage of past Sand Sculpture competitions here.
Click to enlarge photos:
- Photos/Results: Bermuda Sand Sculpture Contest
- Photos & Results: 2010 Sandcastle Competition
- Upcoming: BDOT Sand Sculpting Competition
- Upcoming: Bermuda Sand Sculpture Competition
- 16th Annual Sand Sculpture Competition
- Photos: Pre-Storm Surf At Horseshoe Bay