Tropical Storm Leslie continues to make her way towards the island, and as of 9pm this evening [Sept 9] is 220 miles south-east of Bermuda, and moving towards the north at 8mph with maximum sustained winds near 65mph [100km/h].
The Bermuda Weather Service said Leslie’s closest point of approach is forecast to be 142 nautical miles to the east at noon on Sunday, and the U.S. National Hurricane Center said there a “strong likelihood” that Leslie will be upgraded to hurricane status again on Sunday. The photos below were taken at 7.45pm this evening in Smiths.
- Photos & Videos: South Shore Pre-Storm
- Photos: Waves Crashing at Spittal Pond
- Photos: The Tropical Storm That Wasn’t
- Photos: Heavy Rainfall Across Bermuda
- Photos: Weather Conditions/Tropical Storm Maria
- Photos: South Shore As Hurricane Approaches