23-year-old David Thomas pleaded guilty to causing the death of Dr. Alexander Doty in this morning’s [Oct 1] Supreme Court Monthly Arraignment session.
Mr Thomas was also charged with causing death by driving with excess alcohol in the blood, which he pleaded not guilty to. He was represented by Saul Froomkin QC, released on bail, and will reappear for mention in November.
Dr. Alexander Doty, a college professor from Indiana, died after sustaining serious injury when he was struck by a motorcycle while walking on Pitts Bay Road on Wednesday August 1st.
The 58-year-old was a prominent scholar, professor and chair of the Department of Communication and Culture in the College of Arts and Sciences at IU Bloomington.
- File photo
- Man Charged: Causing Death Of Dr Alex Doty
- Woman Charged After Traffic Collision
- Drunk Driver Gets 15 Months in Jail
- “I’ve Just Crashed My $100,000 Car”
- Quincy Brangman Charged In Road Death
- Man Charged With Causing Motorcyclist’s Death