A 70-year-old American visitor has been airlifted overseas following an accident which saw him collide with a wall while riding a rental cycle.
A police spokesperson said: “Around 4:30pm on Tuesday, October 9th police and first responders attended a reported collision on Keith Hall Road in Warwick, near the junction with Harbour Road. It appears that a rental cycle was being ridden along Keith Hall Road when it collided with a wall.
“The rider, a 70 year old American man, was injured and initially taken to King Edward VII Memorial Hospital via ambulance for treatment. However the victim, who was visiting the island at the time of the collision, was airlifted overseas this morning (Thursday, October 11th) for further medical treatment.
“Inquiries into this collision are ongoing and any witnesses are encouraged to contact PC Barbi Harris on 295-0011.”
- Motorcycle Crash Victim Transferred Overseas
- Two Visitors Injured In Cycle Collision
- Motorcycle Accident Victim Airlifted Overseas
- Accident Victim Flown Overseas For Treatment
- Tourists Injured In Rental Bike Crash
- Causeway Crash Victim To Be Airlifted Out