Ne-Jai Tucker Scores In Burnley FC U21 Victory

September 6, 2022

Bermuda’s Ne-Jai Tucker scored two goals for the Burnley Football Club U21 team as they played to a 4-3 victory over Ipswich Town.

The club’s match report said, “Burnley’s U21 side took three points at home in Professional Development League action for the first time this season from a 4-3 win against Ipswich Town at the County Ground in Leyland.

“Dara Costelloe & Joe McGlynn were both on target in the first half alongside Ne-Jai Tucker, who doubled his tally for the afternoon in the second half with what proved to be the winner as the Tractor Boys mounted a comeback.

“On the front foot from the start, Burnley had the lead five minutes in through Irishman Costelloe.

“After showing pace and power to beat his man down the right wing, Joe McGlynn beat his man to set the striker up in space inside the area. And top scorer for the Club at this level last season, Costelloe made no mistake in curling home the opener.

“New signing Lewis saw Town goalkeeper Woody Williamson keep out his effort one-on-one on the 40-minute mark, but Tucker doubled the Clarets advantage less than 60 seconds later with a sublime strike from the right-hand side of the box.

“Franchi was called into action almost instantly after that second to deny Ipswich an instant response, and before the half-time whistle, Burnley made their dominance count with a third from Scottish youth international McGlynn.

“At the restart, Ipswich came out strong and had a goal back on 51 minutes through Gerard Buabo’s low strike, who had come on from the bench midway through the first half.

“After a lull in the contest with some strong challenges flying in, including one on Costelloe from Albie Armin which brought a booking for the Ipswich man, Tucker grabbed his second goal on 81 minutes.

“Given the ball in space in the box with a low cross from Owen Dodgson, Tucker had a first effort cleared off the line but smashed the follow-up into the back of the net to make it 4-1.

“Three minutes later though, Matt Ward pulled a goal back acrobatically for the visitors who piled on the pressure in the closing stages.

“Franchi denied them a third at point-blank range, but couldn’t prevent Jesse Nwabueze from scoring with a low-driven strike in the first minute of time added on, ensuring a nervy ending.

“Alexander again met the corner which followed that save, but when the ball bounced behind for a goal-kick, referee James Lunn blew his full-time whistle to bring an end to the contest, 4-3 the final score.”

click here banner football

Read More About

Category: All, Sports