2.49″ of rain fell across Bermuda this morning [June 15], causing traffic delays across the island. Morning commuters faced traffic delays as the rain created flooding in many locations including Dundonald Street, Woodlawn Rd, Bakery Lane, Bernards Parks and more.
A Thunderstorm Advisory is an effect from this afternoon through to Saturday morning. Bermuda Weather Service meteorologist Michelle T. Pitcher said, “Since about 4 am when this area of continuous rain has started until about 12 noon, we have received 2.49″ of precipitation. View videos of commuters driving through this morning’s rainfall here and here.
Click to enlarge images:
- Photos: The Sunset Before The Storm
- Photos: Weather Conditions/Tropical Storm Maria
- Photo Slideshow: East End After Hurricane Igor
- Slideshow: Surfers At Horseshoe Bay Beach
- Slideshow: Waves Crash at John Smiths Bay
- Photos: Waves Crash At Pink Beach Club
Articles that link to this one:
- CultureFest “Unity in the Community” Rescheduled | Bernews.com | August 24, 2012