Earlier today [June 25] a sailboat got temporarily stuck on the rocks in the St George’s area, just off the East End Mini Yacht Club. The crew tied a rope to the boat, and between the waves and the fact high tide was approaching the sailboat worked its way free.
A Bermuda Maritime Operations spokesperson said it appears they drifted on to the rocks due to their anchor slipping, and that the sailors called for assistance, however managed to get off the rocks without assistance.
- Tall Ship “Thor Heyerdahl” Returns
- Training Vessel Eendracht Visits Bermuda
- Photos: Two Tall Ships in St George’s
- Cruise Ship Discovers Abandoned Yacht
- ‘Spirit’ Briefly Grounded on Reefs
- Yachtsman Thought He Would Die