The PLP confirmed this morning [Nov 29] that Anthony Richardson will be their candidate in Constituency #12, replacing Makai Dickerson who stepped down yesterday.
Mr Richardson will challenge the incumbent – OBA Leader Craig Cannonier – for the second time. Mr Richardson, a Chartered Accountant, previously challenged Mr Cannonier in the November 2011 bye-election. Mr Cannonier won with 504 votes [82.89%], Mr Richardson received 75 votes [12.34%] and Independent David Sullivan received 29 votes [4.77%]
Mr Richardson previously served as Accountant General of Bermuda, Vice President at Bank of Bermuda, CEO of the Bermuda Health Council, a lecturer at Bermuda College and as a Police Officer.
His previous leadership roles include Chairman of the Bermuda Hospitals Board and the Bermuda Educators Council and serving on the Hospital Insurance Commission, YouthNet, Bermuda Football Association and the Golf Course Trustees of Bermuda.
- File photo
- Upcoming: “Celebrating The Women Of The PLP”
- Upcoming: PLP Rally
- Roban & Weeks Holding Constituency Clinics
- PLP To Host Town Hall Meeting On Tuesday
- PLP To Host Two Forums This Week
- PLP Delegates Elect New Executive Members
Articles that link to this one:
- Photos: Candidates Arrive For Nomination Day | Bernews.com | November 29, 2012
- Makai Dickerson Expected To Appear In Court | Bernews.com | December 20, 2012
- Anthony Richardson Wins Alderman’s Race | Bernews.com | February 22, 2013