Sometime around 2am this morning [Jan 18], a car driver crashed into a utility pole on an embankment on Mullet Bay Road in St George’s. The police and fire service attended the scene, and traffic was reduced to one lane. A tow truck came at around 3am and removed the vehicle from the embankment and wall.
We understand the driver and passenger were not injured in the accident. The vehicle sustained serious damage to the front, and the utility pole was leaning to one side after being damaged in the collision, with the light fixture breaking off and falling to the roadside.
This incident occurred only a short while after a motorcycle and car collision at the junction of Happy Valley Road and Montpelier Road in Devonshire, which claimed the life of a 30-year-old Devonshire man.
- Accident Causes Traffic Delays On Palmetto Rd
- Photos/Video: Accident On North Shore
- Shelly Bay Area: Car Smashed Through Wall
- Car Crashed Over Railings on North Shore
- Photos: Car Crashed on Warwick Sidewalk
- Bike & Police Collision: Two Injured