After a 22 year hiatus, the Bermuda Police Service’s Gymkhana was held on Saturday 2nd October at the Police Field. The event was open to all pedal cycle riders in primary and middle school, and every cycle rider was recognized. The concept behind the day is to allow youngsters of all ages to participate in bicycle races within a safe environment, foster positive interactions with police officers and of course for the kids to have fun.
Amongst the participants was Police Commissioner Michael DeSilva, pictured below pedaling furiously to the finish line:
Click to enlarge images:
There are several additional community related events taking place during Police Week:
- Monday, October 4th – Police Awards at Cedarbridge Cafeteria; 5pm start.
- Tuesday, October 5th – Police Displays at Police Field, Prospect; 11am Seniors Tea, 12 noon start.
- Wednesday, October 6th – Commissioner for a Day – Police Headquarters, Prospect; 9am to 2pm.
- Wednesday, October 6th – Beat the Retreat – Kings Square, St. George’s; 9pm start.
- Thursday, October 7th – Sports Day, Police Field; 9:30am start
- Thursday, October 7th – BBQ at Police Recreation Club (PRC) 5pm start; Sports Day Awards at PRC; 6pm start.
- Friday, October 8th – Ex/Former Police Officers Memorial & Social – Police Recreation Club; 5pm start.
- Saturday, October 9th - Police Ball, Fairmont Southampton; 6:30pm Cocktails, 7:30pm start. Tickets are $125.
- Police Gymkhana To Be Held On Saturday
- Videos: Police Gymkhana Cycle Races
- Videos: 2011 Police Gymkhana Races
- Photos/Video: Police Gymkhana Cycle Races
- Police Gymkhana Back After 22 Years
- Photos: Kids Tokio Mountain Bike Race
Articles that link to this one:
- Weekend Wrap-up: Articles, Photos, Video Links | Bernews.com | October 4, 2010