In their final game of the 40th World Chess Olympiad International Chess Festival “İstanbul Open 2012″ which is being held in İstanbul, Turkey, the Bermuda Chess team of Clevert Bacchas, James Dill, Gary Cooper, Michael Radford and Jamel Warren lost 2 ½ – 1 ½ the US Virgin Islands.
Bermuda and the US Virgin Island found themselves locked at ½ – ½ after Bacchas and Jorge Massana ended deadlocked, Dill then went down 1-0 to William Van Rensselaer as the US Virgin Islands took the lead, but things were level again when Cooper defeated Anthony Mongiello 1-0, this set up an all-important fourth and final game that saw Radford go down 1-0 to Reece Crewsell.
- Chess: Bermuda Lose To Malta In Istanbul
- Chess: Bermuda Record First Win In Turkey
- Chess: Bermuda Edged Out By Kuwait In Turkey
- Chess: Bermuda Team Lose To Norway In Istanbul
- Bermuda Chess Players Head To Istanbul, Turkey