The Bermuda Chess team of Clevert Bacchas, James Dill, Gary Cooper, Michael Radford and Jamel Warren won their first game of the International Chess Festival “İstanbul Open 2012″ which is being held in İstanbul, Turkey.
After four losses and a draw Bermuda defeated Palau 2 ½ – 1 ½. Bermuda took a 1 – 0 lead after Bacchas defeated Roberto Hernandez 1-0, Dill then doubled the lead when he defeated Elizabeth Manuel 1-0, Palau then got on the board when Bernardo Garcia defeated Cooper 1-0, the Bermuda victory was secured when Warren playing in his first event of the tournament drew ½ – ½ against Menandro Manuel.
- Chess: Bermuda Conclude Competition In Turkey
- Chess: Bermuda Lose To Malta In Istanbul
- Chess: Bermuda Edged Out By Kuwait In Turkey
- Chess: Bermuda Team Lose To Norway In Istanbul
- Bermuda Chess Players Head To Istanbul, Turkey