[Updated] Delta and U.S. Airways are the first two North American airlines to announce they have cancelled their flights to Bermuda tomorrow [Sept 9] due to the expected tropical storm force winds from Leslie.
Delta Air Lines has cancelled flight #656 scheduled to arrive from Atlanta on Sunday at 2:53pm, and also cancelled flight #560 scheduled to depart for Boston at 12:10pm. US Airways has cancelled flight #1424 scheduled to arrive from Philadelphia at 1:44pm.
The Bermuda Weather Service issued a tropical storm warning for today, and said that Tropical Storm Leslie’s closest point of approach to Bermuda within 3 days is forecast to be 164nm to the east at 1pm on Sunday.
Update 2.30pm: The arriving AA308 from Miami and AA1416 from JFK have been cancelled for this evening [Sept 8] and the departing AA1325 to Miami and AA1443 to JFK have also been cancelled for tomorrow morning.
Update 7.02pm: As of 6pm, there are no plans to close the airport, however officials will continue to closely monitor the storm should any change in conditions warrant a closure. The following flight cancellations and changes have been confirmed in a statement from the EMO
- American Airlines Flight AA308 from MIA and AA1416 from JFK have been cancelled for this evening
- AA1325 to MIA and AA1443 to JFK have been cancelled outbound tomorrow morning.
- Delta flights 561/560 from Boston have been cancelled as have Delta flights 656/657 from Atlanta.
- US Airways flights 1424/1425 from Philadelphia have been cancelled.
- Air Canada flights AC942/943 from Toronto have been cancelled for Sunday, 9th September 2012.
- West Jet flight WS2710/2711 from Toronto on Sunday will be delayed with an estimated time of arrival of 7.p.m
- British Airways flight BA 2232 arrived early at 4.30 p.m. from London and is expected to depart at 6.20 p.m. this evening.
Update 10.32pm: British Airways has announced that as there are no plans to close the airport on Sunday [Sept 10], they will operate to schedule.
- Airport To Close Until 4pm Today Due To Storm
- Video: British Airways Lands During High Winds
- Airline Cancellations Continue On Wednesday
- Digicel: Private Jet On Stand-by Ready To Assist
- Miami Flights Cancelled For Tomorrow
- Flight Cancellations Due To Hurricane Sandy
Articles that link to this one:
- Leslie Approaching, Tropical Storm Warning Issued | Bernews.com | September 8, 2012
- BA Flights To Operate To Schedule On Sunday | Bernews.com | September 8, 2012