Friday, September 21 was a night to remember, as Tony Brannon put on what many have called one of the best productions of local entertainment ever held in Bermuda.
Dozens of artists graced the stage, with two bands taking half the show each in support of almost four hours of music in a tribute to the late John Lennon who after many years of unable to write any new material broke his writer’s block during a trip to Bermuda.
Lennon came to Bermuda in June 1980 on a yacht for an extended vacation. The experience sparked his musical genius breaking a 5-year writer’s block, and the resulting comeback album was entitled Double Fantasy, named for a flower he had seen in the Bermuda Botanical Gardens.
View all our Lennon concert footage here, and a slideshow with 900 photos from the evening below:
- Photo Set #2: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Photo Set #1: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Full Video Set: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Video Set #2: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Video Set #1: John Lennon Tribute Concert
- Audio: John Lennon Bermuda Tributes Previews