Universal Aviation, the ground-support division of Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc., has opened a full-service Fixed Base Operator [FBO] exclusively focused on business-aviation traffic at L.F. Wade International Airport. The company held their official ribbon cutting celebration on Thursday[Nov 8] at the Southside facility.
Universal Aviation Bermuda features dedicated customs and immigration onsite, a dedicated fuel truck, 130,000-square-feet ramp parking, fully equipped lounges, and conference rooms. Additionally, all ground support employees are certified by the National Air Transportation Association’s Safety 1st Professional Line Service Training program.
Universal Aviation Grand Opening Celebration ribbon cutting ceremony [left to right]: Adolfo Aragon, Senior Vice President Universal Aviation Operations, Ralph Vasami, CEO Universal Weather and Aviation, Inc., Minister of Transport Walter Roban and Herman Tucker, Partner Universal Aviation Bermuda.
“We are excited to welcome Universal Aviation to Bermuda. We believe that Universal Aviation’s presence here will not only further enhance the experience of general-aviation passengers traveling to and from the Island, but will make Bermuda an even more appealing stopover destination for European-based traffic crossing the Atlantic,” said Aaron Adderley, General Manager, Bermuda L.F. Wade International Airport.
Amenities at Universal Aviationsm Bermuda include:
- On-site customs and immigration clearance
- Dedicated fuel truck for business aviation, owned and operated by Universal Aviationsm
- 130,000 square feet of ramp parking
- Employees trained to Universal Aviation’s global standards and all ramp employees certified in the National Air Transportation Association’s Safety 1st Professional Line Service Training program
- Complete concierge services for all on-island needs, including hotel accommodations, catering, and ground transportation
- Passenger lounge
- Crew lounge with kitchenette and showers
- Conference room with seating for up to 10
- WiFi throughout facility
- Easy access for crew to beach area, dining, and entertainment options
“Whether operators are taking advantage of Bermuda’s strategic geographic location as a tech stop, or making the island their final destination, we will continue to provide the level of service customers are used to around the world,” said Adolfo Aragon, Senior Vice President, Universal Aviation.
“With on-site customs and immigration and our own dedicated fuel truck, operators will have no need to travel to the main terminal or wait behind commercial traffic for fuel, allowing us to accommodate quick-turn tech stops with the highest degree of safety and efficiency.”
Click to enlarge photos:
Articles that link to this one:
- Universal Aviation To Close FBO, 10 Jobs Lost | Bernews.com | July 26, 2013