The Bermuda Institute of Ocean Sciences [BIOS] is celebrating 110 years of excellence in ocean science research and education this year.
Founded in 1903 as the Bermuda Biological Station, their mission is to transform the fields of oceanography, marine science, and ocean health through a blend of cutting edge research, and comprehensive educational experiences. The Ferry Reach based organization produced the 6-minute video below showing some of the highlights over the past 110 years.
- Videos: Wacky Science Rockets, Ooze & More
- Bermuda Featured On NBC “Changing Planet”
- Video: Island’s Unique Cave Life
- “Object” Found In Water Is A BIOS Scientific Glider
- Project Studying Nutrition Of Pregnant Women
- Six People Rescued From Sinking Boat