[Written by Erwin P. Adderley & David J. Tavares]
We have read with interest the responses to our letter of October 18, 2012 entitled “Independents can be your balanced change”. Almost without exception the responses have been that “a vote for an independent candidate is a vote for the PLP”. Let us make it quite clear that support for the PLP, or the OBA (reconstituted United Bermuda Party), is not our objective.
We are firmly of the belief that while they are two different political parties, the political party system in not necessarily an ideal solution for Bermuda’s continued political process. You are still left with two political parties who put their self-interest ahead of the interest of the country by strategicly keeping us devided as a people.
Our primary objective is to try to unify the community by offering a choice other than the two diametrically opposing points of view. It has been our belief that the electorate should always vote for the best candidate. It is our belief that the people of Bermuda should demand the best and settle for no less than the best, especially if the best happens to be an independent candidate.
- Mr Adderley and Mr Tavares both plan to run as Independent candidates in the upcoming election. Mr Tavares plans to run in C#8 Smith’s South against Cole Simons [OBA] & Wayne Perinchief [PLP] while Mr Adderley plans to run in C#19 Pembroke West against Vince Ingham [PLP] & Jeanne Atherden [OBA].
- Sylvan Richards Calls For Drug Testing
- Photos: Candidates Arrive For Nomination Day
- Changes to Electoral Boundaries
- Dennis Tucker Elected As Alderman
- Constituency #12 Nomination Day
- Parliamentary Registrar Notice: Advance Polling